Healthy Spiced Quinoa Bowl
Start your day right with the breakfast of champions –and by that, how about a healthy, home cooked bowl of superfood goodness?
Let's start cooking!
Step 1 - Boil quinoa
- Boil the quinoa until it expands. Then drain it.
- After draining, pour more water and boil until it's fully cooked.
- Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
Step 2 - Poach egg
- In a pot of boiling water, add the egg and poach for 6 minutes, so that the egg whites becomes opaque and white in color, but texture of yolk inside is still wobbly.
- Remove and place in a bowl of ice to stop the cooking process.
Step 3 - Cook vegetables
- In a pan on high heat, add 1 Tbsp olive oil.
- When hot, add mushrooms and stir-fry to caramelize.
- Once lightly brown, add garlic and spinach and continue to stir-fry.
- Season with salt and pepper, remove from heat and set aside.
Step 4 - Blend spice powder
- In a blender, add pistachios, sesame, cumin, coriander seeds, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp black pepper, 2 tsp brown sugar and chili flakes.
- Blend until combined and set aside
Garnish and serve!
Arrange egg, mushroom, spinach, quinoa, toasted baguette and yogurt in a shallow bowl, and sprinkle a little bit of spice powder. Serve immediately.