Honey Lemon Chicken
A sweet and tangy side dish, paired perfectly with a bowl of steamed rice!
Let's start cooking!
Step 1 - Marinate and coat chicken
- In a bowl, mix ½ tsp salt, ½ tspwhite pepper, ½ tsp sugar, 1 Tbsp lemon juice and 1 tsp cornstarch together and marinate the chicken strips for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg before adding in ½ cup all-purpose flour, ½ tsp salt, ½ tsp white pepper and 50 ml water. Mix until smooth.
- Coat the chicken strips with the batter.
Step 2 - Deep-fry chicken
- In a pot half-filled with vegetable oil onmedium high heat, gently drop the battered chicken strips, make sure it is spread out to prevent sticking together while frying. Deep-fry the chicken strips until golden brown and drain the fried chicken on a paper towel lined plate. Set aside.
Step 3 - Mix honeylemon sauce
- In a pan on low heat, add 3 Tbsp honey, ½ cup water, 1 Tbsp cornstarch and 1 Tbsp lemon juice and mix well. Bring to a light simmer. Give it a quick stir until the sauce bubbles. Remove from heat.
Garnish and Serve!
Place the lettuce leaf on a plate, put the chicken strips on top. Garnish with sesame seeds and serve immediately with honey lemon sauce by the side.