Honey Miso Salmon
Here’s a quick and easy recipe for a Japanese take on a salmon dish
Let's start cooking!
Step 1 - Preheat oven and mix sauce
- Preheat oven to 180°C.2.In a small bowl, add ½ cup honey, 2 Tbsp lime juice, 2 Tbsp miso, 2 Tbsp soy sauce and garlic and mix well. Set aside
Step 2 - Cook salmon
- Place salmon on a baking tray lined with baking paper, and coat salmon with the sauce.
- Bake salmon in the oven for 12-15 minutes, depending on thickness for a medium rare doneness.
- Remove the salmon from oven, brush with more sauce and let it sit for 5 to 10 minutes.
Step 3 - Prepare garnish
- In a pan on medium heat, add 1 Tbsp vegetable oil and toss in spring onions and lemon halves.
- Season with salt and pepper. After 3 minutes, use a blowtorch to char the spring onions and lemons.
If you don’t have a blowtorch, grab a pair of tongs and turn on your gas stove. The flames from your stove work as well!
Plate and serve!
Serve the salmon with the charred spring onions and lemons.