Honey Sesame Tofu
This vegetarian dish, featuring tofu in a honey and sesame sauce, is bursting with flavor and is bound to please your taste buds!
Let's start cooking!
Step 1- Prepare tau kwa
- Cut tau kwa into cubes and pat dry using paper towel.
- In a bowl, add tau kwa, 2 Tbsp of cornstarch, ½ tsp salt and ½ tsp black pepper. Mix well to coat tau kwa evenly.
- In a pot half filled with oil on medium heat, deep-fry the tofu until golden.
- Remove from pan and drain on plate lined with paper towels.
Step 2- Make honey sesame sauce
- In a wok on medium heat, add 1 Tbsp sesame oil and 1 Tbsp vegetable oil. When hot, add 1 tsp grated ginger and 2 tsp chopped garlic. Fry until golden and fragrant.
- Add 2 tsp soy sauce, 1 tsp brown sugar, 4 Tbsp water, 2 tsp honey, peanuts, 1 Tbsp red chili paste, onions and red chilies. Season with ½ tsp salt and ½ tsp black pepper.
Step 3- Thicken honey sesame sauce
- Dissolve 2 Tbsp cornstarch in 1 cup water and add to the wok.
- On high heat, add in fried tofu cubes, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add sesame seeds and spring onions (green part only) to the wok. You can serve this dish as a side or main dish.
Garnish and Serve!
Remove from heat and serve with steamed rice!