Indonesian Nasi Goreng
This Indonesian fried rice is a classic dish. Here’s a quick and easy recipe which incorporates the flavors and ingredients of ‘sambal goreng’and combines it with fried rice!
Let's start cooking!
Step 1 - Blend and fry chili paste
- In a food processor, blend dried red chilies, garlic, and red onions.
- In a pan on medium heat, add 1 Tbsp oil.
- When hot, fry blended ingredients until fragrant.
Step 2 - Saute chicken and vegetables
- In the same pan, add chicken breasts and liver, sauté until well-mixed.
- In a separate pan, fry chicken gizzards, then add to the pan with the rest of the chicken.
- Add sliced cabbage and spinach leaves, and quickly sauté until wilted.
Step 3 - Season and cook rice and eggs
- Add rice, 3 Tbsp kecap manis, 1 Tbsp fish sauce, 1 Tbsp white pepper, and 1 Tbsp salt.
- Fry on high heat and toss until mixed well.
- Whisk eggs together in a bowl. Push all ingredients to the side, then add eggs direct to pan surface.
- Scramble the eggs over high heat to make runny scrambled eggs, then mix together with surrounding fried rice. For a unique take on this dish, fry a thin omelette and cover your rice with it. This style of rice and presentation is known as ‘Pattaya’ style!
Plate and serve!
Season to taste, then remove from heat. Add spring onions and mix. Serve with fried shallots.