Itik tim translates to salted vegetable duck soup. Warm yourself up with this hearty duck soup on a cosy rainy day!
Let's start cooking!
Step 1 - Prepare and boil duck
- Generously rub the cavity and skin of duck with salt and rinse
- In a large deep pot, boil enough water to cover duck.
- Once water boils, add duck, ginger, preserved plums and sliced asam gelugur.
- Simmer on medium-low heat for 1 hour. You can also add pork belly to add some meatiness to the dish
Step 2 - Add salted mustard green
- After an hour, add salted mustard greens and wedged tomatoes to the soup and simmer on low heat for another 2 hours. For more flavor, cook one day in advance
Reheat and serve!
Before serving, let it boil again on high heat for 5 minutes and if you like, add 2 Tbsp brandy. Place duck meat onto serving bowl and ladle soup over the duck. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.