Jackfruit with Sticky Rice
- Drain the rice and place it in a bowl or steamer lined with a steaming cloth.
- Bring the edges of the cloth over to cover the rice, and steam for 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the coconut cream, sugar and salt in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Stir until everything is dissolved, and set aside.
- Slice each jackfruit seed into half lengthwise, and remove the seed and inner skin. Slice into strips.
- Transfer the steamed glutinous rice to a bowl, and gradually stir in the coconut cream mixture.
- Scoop a few spoonfuls of sticky rice into a serving glass. Place some sliced jackfruit on top. Repeat the process once more, and for each glass.
- Top each parfait with some black sesame seeds and lime zest. Serve!
Tip: Don’t overcook the rice, to maintain its chewy texture.
This recipe requires the rice to be a little wetter than the traditional Thai recipe,
so that it stays juicy in the parfait.