Also known as ‘ful medames’, this is a Southeast Asian adaptation of Egypt’s national dish of broad beans!
Let's start cooking!
Step 1 - Blend aromatics into puree
- In a blender, add garlic, ginger and shallots. Blend to a puree and set aside.
Step 2 - Fry curry
- In a pan on medium heat, add 1 Tbsp vegetable oil and onions. Sweat onions until translucent, pour in puree and mix.
- Add 3 Tbsp curry powder, 3 Tbsp cumin powder, 2 Tbsp coriander seed powder, water and broad beans, and stir well.
- Reduce heat to low, and simmer for 15 minutes.
Step 3 - Break apart broad beans with fork and season
- Break apart and mash broad beans with a fork.
- Season with salt and sugar. Mix well and remove from heat.
Plate and serve!
Transfer to serving plate or dish. Serve hot with a sunny side up, calamansi limes and coriander.