Kam Heong Clams
‘Kam heong’ literally means golden fragrance.This fragrant fiery clams are a must try for seafood lovers!
Let's start cooking!
Step 1 - Make spice paste
- In a blender, blend shallots, 5 chili padi and dried prawns. Reduce or add chili padi to adjust the level of spiciness to your preference.
Step 2 - Fry spice paste
- In a pan, heat up 2 Tbsp vegetable oil and fry blended ingredients for 5 minutes, until caramelized.
- Once caramelized, add curry powder, 1 Tbsp oyster sauce, 1 Tbsp soy sauce and 1 tsp cooking caramel. Mix and set paste aside.
Step 3 - Fry clams with sauce
- In a separate pan, heat up 2 Tbsp vegetable oil and fry curry leaves with spice paste.
- Add clams, 3 Tbsp water and 2 Tbsp sugar.
- Mix well and cook over high heat for about 5 minutes until sauce dries up and clams are well coated. Use fresh clams for extra natural sweetness.
Garnish and Serve!
Transfer to serving plate and garnish with chili padi slices. Serve hot.