Kek Tapak Kuda
Indulge in this soft and fluffy cake filled with a rich and creamy hazelnut chocolate spread - you won’t be able to resist giving into your sinful sweet cravings!
Let's start cooking!
Step 1 - Separate egg whites from egg yolks and whisk
- In a bowl, crack 10 eggs. In separate bowls, keep 5 egg whites and 10 egg yolks.
- Whisk egg whites with white sugar for 3 to 5 minutes until it forms stuff peaks.
Step 2 - Whisk egg yolks into egg whites and fold in dry ingredients
- Pour egg yolks into the egg whites and whisk until well combined.
- Using a spatula, fold in plain flour, ½ tsp baking powder and milk powder until well combined. It is important to have exact measurements when baking cakes to ensure a consistent outcome
Step 3 - Add vanilla essence and melted butter into the batter and preheat oven
- In the same bowl, add 2 tsp vanilla essence and melted butter. Mix well.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
Step 4 - Pour batter into lined baking tray and bake
- In a 16 x 10 inch baking tray, line it with parchment paper and pour in the batter. Ensure it is evenly spread out across the tray.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
Step 5 - Remove cake from tray and mould cake
- Once cake is cooked, cut the sides of the cake and remove from tray.
- On a working surface with a damp clean cloth, gently flip over the cake and remove parchment paper. Cover surface of the cake with another damp cloth.
- Place rolling pin in the middle and gently fold the cake in half over the rolling pin. Leave it to cool for 10 minutes.
Step 6- Fill cake with nutella and slice
- Once cooled, use a spatula to fill the cake evenly with nutella.
- Slice cake into even slices.
Let's plate and serve!
Place horseshoe cake onto serving plate or dish and serve at room temperature or chilled.