Kuih Semperit / Biskuit Semperit
Impress your guests during Hari Raya with these rich and buttery cookies that are almost too pretty to eat!
Let's start cooking!
Step 1 - Prepare dough
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat egg and sugar till creamy.
- Add custard powder, corn flour and plain flour. Mix well.
- Add melted butter and 1 tsp vanilla essence. Continue to mix.
Step 2 - Shape the cookies
- Divide dough into half
- Mix the one half with yellow food coloring and the other half with red food coloring.
- Using your hands, insert dough into ‘semperit’
- Lay out cookies on a lined baking sheet.
Step 3 - Bake the cookies
- Top with pearl drops.
- Bake for about 12 to 15 minutesand remove from oven.
Let's plate and serve!