Lemongrass Clam Pasta
An Asian take on the Italian aglio olio, savor this spicy pasta tossed with clams, chili and lemongrass!
Let's start cooking!
Step 1 - Boil pasta and slice vegetables
- In a pot of boiling water, add spaghetti and 1 tsp salt. Cook for 6-8 minutes. Set aside
- Slice lemongrass, garlic cloves, shallot, chili padi and spring onion. Set aside.
Step 2 - Stir-fry ingredients
- In a pan on medium heat, add 1 Tbsp vegetable oil. When hot, add lemongrass, garlic, shallots and chili padi. Stir-fry for 1 minute.
- When the garlic turns translucent and the lemongrass is soft, add in 2 Tbsp fish sauce and 2 Tbsp water
Step 3 - Sauté clams and pasta
- Pour in clams and cover for 5 minutes. The clams should open, but remove any that remain closed.
- Add in cooked pasta and mix well. Sprinkle with 1 tsp spring onions and season with salt and pepper to taste. Toss until mixed well and remove from heat.
Garnish and serve!
Garnish with ½ tsp spring onions and serve hot.