An Asian twist on the classic lemonade, try this recipe out for a refreshing welcome drink!
Let's start cooking!
Step 1 - Juice lemons and segment limes
- Cut lemons in half, then juice 5 and a half lemons. Remove seeds from juice, if any. Set aside.
- Segment limes and add into a ramekin with 1 Tbsp honey.
Step 2 - Boil lemongrass
- In a pot on medium heat, add 300 ml water, 180 g sugar and 1 stalk bruised lemongrass. Bring to a boil for 4 minutes, then remove lemongrass. Boil for another 15 minutes until it becomes a thick syrup. Set aside to cool.
Step 3 - Assemble
- Roll 1 stalk of lemongrass over sugar, then caramelise with a blowtorch or over open flame. Set aside.
- In a tall glass, add 2 Tbsp aloe vera, 1 Tbsp limes with honey, 6 Tbsp crushed ice, 5 Tbsp lemongrass syrup and 6 Tbsp lemon juice.
Add in the lemongrass stalk, and garnish with a slice of lemon. Serve cold.