Mac and Cheese
Al dente macaroni coated in cheesy, gooey goodness -it can’t get any better than this!
Let's start cooking!
Step 1 - Melt butter and mix in plain flour and milk
- In a pot on medium heat, melt butter and ad in plain flour. Keep stirring for 2 minutes, until there are no more lumps.
- Add in milk to the pot. Stir until well combined and bring to a boil.
Step 2 - Add cheese and seasoning
- Once boiling, remove from heat and add shredded cheddar and mozzarella cheese. Continue stirring for 3 to 5 minutes, until cheese melts.
- Season 1 Tbsp white sugar, 2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp white pepper. Season to taste with additional salt and white pepper if needed. Mix well and set aside.
Step 3 - Cook and drain macaroni
- In a separate pot on high heat, boil enough water for boiling macaroni. Once boiling, add macaroni and cook according to packet instructions.
- Using a strainer, drain cooked macaroni and discard water.
Step 4 - Mix macaroni with cheese sauce, plate and serve!
- Pour cooked macaroni into cheese sauce and mix well.
Plate and serve!
Transfer to serving dish and serve hot.