Malaysian Ayam Goreng
Devour this sinful yet satisfying spiced fried chicken that is bound to leave you craving for more!
Let's start cooking!
![Blended spice paste poured into raw chicken in a mixing bowl]()
Step 1 - Blend spice paste and marinate chicken
- In a blender, add shallots, garlic, 2 large red chilies and ginger and blendfor 30 seconds.
- In a bowl, add chicken wings, spice paste, curry leaves, 1 Tbsp curry powder, 1 Tsp turmeric powder, cornstarch and salt.
- Evenly coat chicken wings and marinate for at least 1 hour.
![Deep-fried chicken wing from a pot of oil]()
Step 2 - Deep-fry chicken wings
- In a pot on high heat, half filled with vegetable oil for deep-frying,fry chicken with the marinate for 10 minutes,until golden brown.
- Drain excess oil on a paper towel-lined plate.
Plate and serve!
Transfer fried chicken wings onto serving dish and garnish with large red chili slices. Serve hot.