A matcha twist to the classic coffee-flavor Italian dessert that is sure to impress your guests!
Let's start cooking!
Step 1 - Make meringue
- Separate egg whites and yolks into separate large bowls, then set aside.
- Whip egg whites until frothy, then slowly add sugar and continue to whip until stiff peaks form. Set aside
Step 2 - Combine tiramisu
- Whip egg yolks with mascarpone cheese and 10 g matcha powder until smooth.
- In the same bowl, gently fold in mascarpone mixture to meringue until batter is evenly combined. Set aside.
- In a bowl, add milk. Break ladyfingers in half, then dip smooth side down into milk for 3 seconds, then flip.
Step 3 - Assemble tiramisu
In a rock glass, add 1 Tbsp batter, 1 Tbsp red beans and finally, ladyfingers sugar side down. Repeat with 3 Tbsp batter, until glass is at least 80% full.Adding the ladyfingers sugar side down ensures that the coffee will not leak into layers underneath, as the sugar coating acts as a shield.
Chill glasses in the refrigerator for at least an hour before serving.Use transparent dishes or cups to showcase the layers of your tiramisu!The origin of tiramisu has been hotly contested. In fact, 5 Italian regions claim to have invented it -Tuscany, Piedmont, Lombardy, Veneto and Friuli-Venezia Guilia!
Garnish and serve!
Garnish with 10 g matcha powder and serve cold.