Immersed in luscious coconut spicy gravy.
These curry noodles (literally translated from mee kari) are a hit in Malaysia and Singapore, with noodles in a spicy and rich coconut broth.
Let's start cooking!
Step 1 - Blend and fry spice paste
- In a blender, add red chilies, shallots, garlic, ginger, 1 Tbsp dried shrimp, and 5 g belacan. Blend into a paste.
- In a pot on medium heat, add spice paste and fry for 10-15 minutes, or until fragrant.
Step 2 - Cook curry
- In the same pot, add lemongrass, curry leaves. Fry for 3 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and chicken stock and mix well.
- Add 1 Tbsp curry powder, mix well then bring to a boil and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add chicken and potato, then long beans, tau pok and beansprouts.
- Bring to a boil for another 5 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and sugar, and leave to simmer.
Step 3 - Blanch yellow noodles
- In a separate pot with boiling water, add yellow noodles and blanch for 45 seconds.
- Add noodles into 3 -4 bowls, then ladle curry over.
Let's plate and serve!
Garnish with hard boiled egg halves and lime wedges, then serve hot!