Nasi Goreng Kampung
Nasi Goreng Kampung means village styled fried rice. Nothing beats a plate of fried rice, topped with a fried egg!
Let's start cooking!
Step 1 - Blend chili paste
- In a blender, blend shallots, garlic and chili padi for 30 seconds.If mixture isn’t blending, use vegetable oil to help it along. The paste should be slightly chunky
Step 2 - Fry chili paste with long beans and anchovies
In a pan on medium heat, heat 2 Tbsp vegetable oil and fry chili paste until fragrant and oil surfaces.
Add sliced long beans and fry for 2 minutes.You can replace long beans with carrots and peas or any other vegetables to your liking
Add in drained anchovies and stir fry for 5 minutes until crispy.You can add more protein to this dish by adding chicken breasts and prawns
Step 3 - Scramble eggs
- Push the cooked ingredients to the side of the pan and crack 1 beaten egg. Scramble eggs with the cooked ingredients until eggs are cooked.
Step 4 - Add rice and season
- Add in cooked rice and season with 3 Tbsp kecap manis and 1 Tbsp fish sauce.
- Stir fry for another 6 minutes, until rice is coated with all the ingredients and fried thoroughly.
- Season to taste with salt if needed.
Plate and serve!
Place fried rice into rice bowl. Flip it onto serving plate and remove bowl to create a neat round shape. Gently place a fried egg over the fried rice and serve hot.