Nata de CocoNut
Bring a pop of color to the party with this vibrant, layered drink -and leave everyone else green with envy!
Let's start cooking!
Step 1 - Melt gula melaka water
- In a pot on medium heat, add 110 g gula melaka and 100 ml water. Allow it to melt, stirring occasionally. Once melted, remove from heat and set aside.
Step 2 - Soak nata de coco
- In a small ramekin, add nata de coco and 1 Tbsp pandan paste. Soak for 1 hour, then drained.
Step 3 - Prepare coconut and coconut cream
- Reserve coconut water, scoop out flesh and cut into fine strips. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add whipped cream and 6 g sugar. Using a whisk, whip into soft peaks.
- Fold in 50 ml coconut milk, then set aside.
Fold the coconut milk in gently, so as not to burst the bubbles in the whipped cream.
Step 4 - Assemble ingredients
- In a short glass, add nata de coco, water, 2 Tbsp coconut cream, then drizzle with gula melaka syrup. Top off with sliced coconut.
Assemble and serve!