Japanese tomato fried rice topped with a gorgeous egg omelette. Pleasing to both the eyes and tastebuds!
Let's start cooking!
Step 1- Crack eggs and stir-fry chicken thigh with yellow onions
- In a small bowl, crack eggs and mix well. Set aside.
- In a pan, heat up 2 Tbsp vegetable oil and stir-fry chicken thigh and yellow onions for 3 to 4 minutes.
Step 2 - Make tomato fried rice and season
- In the same pan, add green peas and cold cooked Japanese rice. Stir-fry for 2 minutes until evenly mixed.
- Season rice with 1 tsp light soy sauce and â cup tomato ketchup. Mix well and remove from heat.
Step 3 - Assemble fried rice
- On serving plate or dish, neatly pack tomato fried rice into an oval shape.
Step 4 - Fry egg
- In a small pan on medium heat, heat 1 Tbsp vegetable oil. Pour in egg mixture and light scramble. Once edges start to cook, start rolling the omelette to one side of the pan. Use the curve edges of the pan to help you achieve an oval omelette.
Plate and serve!
Quickly place the omelette over the bed of rice and slice down the middle of the omelette, so that it splits open down the middle, revealing its silky centre. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve immediately.