One-Pot Lamb Recipe
- Stir the yogurt, curry powder, half the salt, garlic and ginger together. Mix the marinade with the lamb and leave to marinate overnight.
- Heat a large, heavy-bottomed pan on a medium-high heat. Add ghee and sautéthe onions until softened.
- Add the cinnamon stick and star anise, then pour in the marinated lamb with all the juices.
- Add half the water, bring to a boil, cover the pot and then turn down to a simmer for 1 hour 15 minutes. The lamb should be soft at the end of cooking.
- Stir in the rinsed Thai Hom Mali rice, remaining water, remaining salt, saffron thread and the raisins.
- Bring to a vigorous boil with the lid off. Boil for about 10 minutes, until most of the water has been absorbed by the rice, then cover the pot.
- Turn the heat down to very low, and let the rice continue to steam for another 20 minutes. All the liquid should be absorbed, and the rice fully cooked.
- Fluff the rice and remove the star anise and cinnamon stick. Garnish with coriander leaves to serve.