One-Pot Baked Chicken
A one-pot wonder, this dish can be prepped and baked in the oven before you start working on other dishes!
Let's start cooking!
Step 1 - Grind spice paste and marinate chicken
- In a mortar and pestle, add ginger, lime leaves, garlic, chili padi, a pinch of rock salt and vegetable oil and grind into a smooth paste.
- In a large bowl, add chicken and spice paste. Mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
Step 2 - Sear chicken
- In a pan on high heat, add oil and sear chicken for 1 minute on each side (this locks in the juices and gives the chicken a bit of color).
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 180°C.
Step 3 - Bake chicken and vegetables
- In a heat-proof dish, add carrots, potatoes, red onion and seared chicken. You can replace chicken with pork or beef for some variety, or try roasting different vegetables to suit your taste
- Season to taste with salt, black pepper, sugar and thyme.
- Bake for 50 minutes.
Garnish and serve
Squeeze some lemon juice over the dish, and serve hot.