Oriental Chicken Wrapped in Filo
A nod to both Western and Chinese cuisine, this unique poultry dish wrapped in pastry is sure to win hearts at the table
Let's start cooking!
Step 1 - Sear chicken
- In a pan on medium heat, add 1 Tbsp vegetable oil and sear the chicken thighs.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
Step 2 - Stir-fry the dish filling
- In the same pan, sauté the garlic, shallots and ginger until aromatic.
- Add in the red bell peppers, spring onions, coriander and toss for another 3 minutes. Season to taste.
- Add the seared chicken back into the pan with the vegetables and add in the sesame seeds and sesame oil.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool down.
Step 3 - Bake chicken in filo and serve
Spoon the filling on top of a piece of filo pastry.
Roll the chicken filling with the filo pastry into a log shape.
Lightly brush with beaten eggs.Filo is a paper-thin, almost translucent sheet of pastry commonly used in Greek and Middle Eastern cuisines.
Bake at 180°C for 10 minutes.
Plate and serve!
Allow pastry to sit for 5 minutes to cool before cutting and serving.