Pan Fried Dumplings
These juicy, crispy dumplings stuffed with meat and vegetables, then pan-fried to golden perfection, are perfect for a quick lunch or savory snack.
Let's start cooking!
Step 1 - Make Dumpling Filling
- In a bowl, combine ground pork, prawns, cabbage, spring onions, 10 g minced ginger, 1 tsp sesame oil, 1 tsp Shaoxingwine, ½ tsp ground white pepper and ½ tsp salt together until well mixed.
Step 2 - Fold Dumplings
- Take a wrapper and place a tablespoon of filling onto the center.
- Moisten the edges of the wrapper with water. Fold the dumpling into a half-moon shape. Crimp the edges and pinch it together to seal it tightly.
- Place dumplings on plate lined with parchment paper.
Step 3 - Fry Dumplings
- In a pan on medium heat, heat 3 tbsp vegetable oil and fry dumplings for 2 to 3 minutes, until bottom turns light brown.
- To the same pan, increase to high heat and add 30 ml water. Cover the pan to steam for 3 to 5 minutes until water has completely evaporated.
- In a sauce dish, add 3 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tbsp black vinegar, ½ tsp sesame oil and 10 g sliced ginger.
Plate and serve!
Transfer over to serving plate and serve dumplings with dipping sauce on side.