Pancit Buko Guisado
Translated to ‘sauteed coconut noodles’, this delicious and simple Filipino stir-fry will add color and flavor to your dining table!
Let's start cooking!
Step 1 - Prepare pan for stir-frying
- In a pan on medium-high heat, heat up 2 Tbsp vegetable oil and sauté minced garlic and sliced shallots until fragrant.
Step 2 - Sauté ingredients
- Add shrimps and pork belly to the pan. Season with 1½ Tbsp fish sauce and stir-fry for 3 minutes. For a vegetarian option, you can replace meats with tau kwa (firm tofu) and replace fish sauce with regular salt
- Pour in coconut water and let it simmer on medium-low heat for 10 minutes, until shrimps and pork belly is cooked.
Step 3 - Toss in vegetables
- Add cabbage, carrots and fine beans. Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes, until vegetables are cooked.
- Add grated coconut flesh into pan and stir-fry for another 5 minutes, until coconut flesh takes on slight color from the sauce. Season to taste with salt, then remove from heat.
Garnish and serve
Garnish with sliced large chili and serve hot.