Pan Fried Cod
with Tomato Salsa
Crisp yet tender cod fillet, resting on a bed of buttered leek and topped with a refreshing tomato salsa. The perfect combination of taste and texture!
Let's start cooking!
Step 1 - Season and pan fry fish
Season the cod with salt evenly on all sides.Use local sea bass or red snapper instead of cod.
In a pan on high heat, heat 2 Tbsp vegetable oil. When hot, fry seasoned fish fillet.
Melt 30 g unsalted butter, thyme and 2 smashed clove garlic to the pan.
Baste the fish continuously for 2-3 minutes on each side until cooked. Set aside and drain cooked fish on a paper towel lined plate.
Step 2 - Cook leek in butter and garlic
- In a separate pan, melt 50 g unsalted butter and fry 2 sliced garlic cloves and julienned leeks.
- Mix and let it cook for 30 seconds. Set aside.
Step 3 - Make tomato salsa
- In a bowl, combine coriander, tomatoes, lemon juice and onion into a bowl.
- Season with salt, pepper, sugar and olive oil to taste. Mix well.
- Adjust seasoning or acidity to taste. Set aside
Plate and serve!
Serve cooked cod fillet on plate, over a bed of leek. Top each cod fillet with tomato salsa and serve hot.