Paradise Fried Rice
A quick and fuss-free recipe, this savory fried rice dish is a staple in most Asian households!
Let's start cooking!
Step 1 - Blend rempah (spice paste)
- Blend together yellow onion, garlic, 10 large red chili, tau cheo, 1 Tbsp sugar and tomato paste until smooth.
- If mixture is too dry, you can use vegetable oil to help you achieve a smooth consistency.
Step 2 - Fry rempah
- In a pan on medium heat, fry the paste for 8 minutes, until fragrant. Set aside.
Step 3 - Stir-fry chicken and prawns
- In the same pan, add 3 Tbsp vegetable oil.
- Add chicken and prawns and stir-fry for 3 minutes.
Step 4 - Add rempah, corn and cooked rice
- Add rempah, corn and cooked rice to the pan.
- Mix well and stir-fry for 5 minutes until well combined and rice takes on color.
- Season to taste with salt and white pepper, if needed. It is best to use leftover rice from the night before. Refrigerated rice loses its moisture content, so the fried rice will not be too mushy and wet, resulting in a better texture.
Step 5 - Toss in spring onions
- Remove pan from heat and toss in spring onions, reserving 1 tsp for garnish.
Garnish and Serve!
Transfer rice onto serving plate and top the rice with a sunny-side egg. Garnish with reserved spring onions and serve hot.