Peanut Butter Chocolate Brownie
Moist, gooey and fudgy, brownies are always a delight. Here’s how to make everyone’s favorite chocolate treat, along with chunky peanut butter!
Let's start cooking!
Step 1 - Make milk chocolate and melt peanut butter
- In a bain-marie, add 40 g white chocolate and 80 g dark chocolate. Allow to melt, stirring occasionally.
- In a separate bain-marie, add peanut butter. Allow to melt, stirring occasionally. Set aside.
Using bain-marie, or steam bath, ie a metal mixing bowl on top of a pot of boiling water, is a quick and easy way to melt chocolate without it burning. The gentle, constant heat from the steam from the boiling water ensures even heat.
Step 2 - Mix brownie batter
- In a bowl, add eggs and 100 g sugar. Stir until pale, and sugar is dissolved.
- Add flour in slowly, while stirring to combine.
- Once fully combined, slowly pour in melted chocolate in a thin stream while stirring constantly to distribute any residual heat.
- Pour half the brownie batter evenly into a 5x9 inch dish/tin, and refrigerate for 1 hour, or until firm.
- Pour in peanut butter and the rest of the brownie batter, swirling with a chopstick.
Step 3 - Bake and serve
- Bake at 180°C for 35 minutes, then remove from heat and allow to cool.
- In a pot on medium heat, add 180 g white chocolate and cream. Stir and allow to melt. Allow to cool.
Goes great with berries and vanilla ice cream!Brownies without chocolate are called blondies!
Plate and serve!
Drizzle brownies with white chocolate sauce and serve!