Pineapple Fried Rice
This Thai fried rice is a delight –the combination of sweet pineapple, savory chicken, and spicy rice results in a surprise in every bite.
Let's start cooking!
Step 1 - Stir-fry garlic and onions
- In a pan on medium-high heat, heat up 3 tsp vegetable oil and stir-fry chopped garlic and onions for 3 minutes, until fragrant.
Step 2 - Add chai po, shrimps and chicken breast
- To the same pan, add chai po, shrimp, and chicken breast then stir-fry for 2 minutes.
Step 3 - Scramble eggs
- Push all the ingredients in the pan to the sides and add the eggs.
- Stir-fry for 1 minute until eggs scrambles.
- Mix well with other ingredients.
Step 4 - Stir-fry the rice and season
Reduce to medium heat and add cooked rice.
Stir-fry for 2 minutes before adding 1 tsp soy sauce, 1 tsp fish sauce, turmeric powder, cumin powder, coriander powder and diced pineapple.It is best to use leftover rice from the night before. As refrigerated rice loses its moisture content, your fried rice won’t be too mushy and wet, resulting in better texture.
Mix thoroughly and stir-fry for 3 minutes.Add roasted cashew nuts to add more texture to this dish.
Plate and Serve!
Transfer pineapple chicken fried rice to serving plate or hollowed pineapple and garnish with spring onions and large red chili slices. Serve hot.