Pineapple and Prawn Curry
This is a Thai Curry you will not get tired of, creamy yet sweet and tangy!
Let's start cooking!
Step 1 - Slice pineapples and eggplant
- Peel the pineapple and remove the core. Cut the pineapple into cubes or thick slices and set aside. Slice Thai baby eggplant into wedges.
Step 2 - Blend curry paste
- In a blender, blend kaffir lime leaves, lemongrass, galangal, turmeric, ginger, 6 shallot, garlic and chili padi until smooth. If mixture is too dry, you can use vegetable oil to help you achieve a smooth consistency.
Step 3 - Deshell and devein prawns
- Remove shell and devein prawns, leaving the prawn heads intact. Set aside. Prawn heads are known to give extra flavour and sweetness to a dish
Step 4 - Cook curry
- In a pot on medium low heat, heat 3 Tbsp vegetable oil and fry curry paste for 10 minutes, until fragrant and oil separates from paste.
Step 5 - Add pineapple and eggplants
- Toss in pineapple chunks and Thai baby eggplants. Stir well for 1 minute and add ½ cup water. Simmer on medium low heat for 10 minutes.
Step 6 - Add prawns, coconut milk and season to taste
- Add in prawns and coconut milk. Stir well and let it simmer for another 5 minutes, covered. Season with salt to taste and remove from heat. Do not overcook the shrimps as it will result in a rubbery texture
Plate and serve!
Transfer to serving bowl and garnish with large red chili slices. Serve hot