This Filipino chicken stew’s name literally translates to ‘pineapple chicken’. Try out this tangy dish at home!
Let's start cooking!
Step 1 - Marinate Chicken
- In a bowl, add chicken and pineapple juice from the can.
- Set aside to marinate for 30 minutes, then drain, reserving the juice, and set aside.
Step 2 - Stir-fry and simmer chicken and vegetables
- In a pan on medium heat, heat vegetable oil and sear chicken until browned.
- Remove and set aside.
- In the same pan, add onion, garlic and tomatoes then stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add pineapple juice, evaporated milk and the chicken.
- Bring to a boil, then lower heat to a simmer.
- Add in carrots and bell pepper and continue to stir-fry for another 15-20 minutes.
- Add pineapple juice and cashew nuts, reserving 1 tsp for garnish. Stir well.
- After 3 minutes, season with fish sauce to taste.
Plate and serve!
Serve hot with 1 tsp cashew nuts for garnish, alongside a bowl of piping hot rice.