Prawn & Mango Spring Rolls
Spring rolls are traditionally associated with Chinese New Year, also known as Spring Festival. This recipe makes this classic snack modern with its mix of succulent seafood and sweet and creamy fruit.
Let's start cooking!
Step 1 - Prepare the filling
- In a bowl, mix the mango cubes and mayonnaise together. Season with salt and white pepper.
Step 2 - Assemble the spring rolls
- Lay out one spring roll wrapper on a plate or board, and spread some of the mango mayonnaise mixture on. Top with two halves of a shrimp, then roll up. Seal the outside edge with a little bit of the flour paste (plain flour dissolved in water).
- Set aside while you repeat this with the remaining ingredients.
- Brush the tops of the spring rolls with some egg wash and top with sesame seeds.
Step 3 - Fry the spring rolls
- Heat up a wok of oil to a high heat (around 190°C), and fry the spring rolls until they are golden brown on the outside and floating at the surface.
Let's plate and serve!
Serve the spring rolls!