Can’t decide if you’re a fan of this pungent fruit? This delicious sticky rice made with coconut milk, drizzled with durian gravy is sure to change your mind!
Let's start cooking!
Step 1 - Steam glutinous rice
- Steam 500 g glutinous rice for 20 minutes.
- Transfer cooked rice into a mixing bowl and set aside.
Step 2 - Cook pulut
- In a pot, add ½ cup coconut milk, 1 cup water and 1 tsp salt and bring to a boil.
- Pour into glutinous rice, mixing gradually until fully absorbed. You may not need to use all of the coconut milk mixture.
Step 3 - Shape pulut
- Take 1 Tbsp pulut and roll it into small balls using your hands. Repeat until all pulut is used up and set aside.
Step 4 - Cook durian gravy
- In a saucepan, boil 2 cups coconut milk, 1 cup water, ½ tsp salt, palm sugar, 1 Tbsp sugar, knotted pandan leaves and durian flesh.
- Once boiling, bring the heat down to low and let simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- At this point, the durian flesh should begin to melt into a gravy-like consistency. Remove seeds from pot. If durian flesh is not melting, use a fork to pull durian flesh away from its seeds
Plate and serve!
Serve warm on the side with pulut balls.