Aguadito, Quinoa & Chicken Soup
Get cozy with this quick and healthy soup recipe by Adrian Richardson.
- 35 minutes
- 2 to 3 servings
- 1 large bunch coriander, chopped
- 1 medium white onion, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 green chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1-1.5 litres hot chicken stock
- 100 grams (cup) quinoa
- 150 grams frozen peas
- 2 skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Lime wedges to serve
- Pepper to season
- Sweat the onions, garlic, chilli and ½ bunch chopped coriander in a pot with olive oil on high heat.
- Add the chicken stock and bring to a boil. Add the quinoa and simmer for 15 minutes or until the quinoa is cooked through.
- Add the chicken, frozen peas, spinach and ½ bunch chopped coriander and a squeeze of lime. Cook until piping hot (4-5 minutes).
- Divide the soup into bowls, season with salt and serve with wedges of lime and small drizzle of olive oil.
Share it with your friends.