Almond Tofu and Rose Syrup
Treat yourself to this quick and easy Chinese dessert.
- 10 minutes
- 20 minutes
- 4 servings
- Garnish ingredients:
- 10 grams Peanut, crushed for garnish.
- Sauce ingredients:
- 50 grams Agar-Agar strips - soak for 30 minutes, squeeze dry
- 90 grams Sugar
- 5 millilitres Almond Extract
- 200 millilitres Evaporated milk
- Rose Syrup ingredients:
- 15 French Rose bud
- 200 grams Sugar
- 800 millilitres Water
- In a pot of boiling water, add in agar-agar strips.
- Next, add in sugar and stir until all the ingredients have dissolved.
- Leave the pot boiling on high heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add in almond extract and evaporated milk. Stir well to incorporate then turn the heat off.
- Transfer mixture to a mould or container.
- Set it aside to cool down and put it in refrigerator for around 2 hours to set.
- Cut the Almond Tofu to desired bite-sized pieces.
- In a saucepan, heat water until boiling and add in sugar.
- Add in rose buds and continue to simmer for 2 minutes.
- Sift out and discard the rose buds. Set syrup aside to cool down.
- Drizzle syrup on top of the Almond Tofu before serving.
Share it with your friends.