Get this quick and easy angel biscuit recipe from Fresh with Anna Olson.
- 15 minutes
- 12 minutes
- 4 servings
- 1-¼ teaspoon instant dry yeast
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1-½ tablespoon warm water (body temperature)
- 3 cup all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon fine salt
- ½ cup cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Stir yeast, a pinch of the sugar and water together and set aside.
- Sift flour, remaining, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt into a large bowl.
- Cut the butter into the flour until it's a rough crumbly texture
- Stir the yeast mixture into the buttermilk and add all to the flour. Mix until a sticky dough comes together, wrap and chill overnight
- The next day, preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). On a generously floured surface (dough will be sticky), roll out dough to1 cm thick and fold over, pressing down gently
- Using a 2-inch (5 cm) round cutter, cut out biscuits and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes, until just lightly browned
- Serve biscuits warm or freeze and re-warm to serve later
Share it with your friends.