Apple Pie Brown Rice
Get this quick and easy apple pie brown rice recipe by Michael Smith from Chef Michael's Kitchen.
- 10 minutes
- 60 minutes
- 2 servings
As seen on Chef Michael's Kitchen
- 4 slices of Bacon, chopped
- A splash of Water
- 1 Onion, minced
- 1 cup of Brown rice
- 2 cloves of Garlic
- 2 cups of Chicken broth or water
- 2 Apples, cored and chopped
- ½ teaspoon of Salt
- 1 tablespoon of Cinnamon
- 1 Bay leaf
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and turn on your convection fan if you have one
- Match a medium saucepan with a tight fitting lid. Add the bacon and a splash of water over medium heat
- Cook, render and crisp the bacon, about 5 minutes
- Add the onions and garlic and cook until translucent, about 3 minutes. Stir in the brown rice, stir, then follow with the chicken broth, apples, salt and spices
- Bring the works to a simmer, cover and transfer the pot to the oven and bake until it the rice is tender and fragrant about 60 minutes. Serve and share!
Share it with your friends.