Get this quick and easy Malaysian-style sambal recipe by Ili Sulaiman from Family Feast with Ili.
- 10 minutes
- 25 minutes
- 2 servings
- 2 large Aubergines
- 4 Limes
- 4 tablespoons Coconut Oil
- Ground ingredients
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 large Red Onion
- 4 Bird's Eye Chilli
- 4 Red Chillies
- On an open fire grill aubergines until skin becomes black and the insides are tender, place in a bowl and cover to contain steam to assist with the peeling of the skin
- In a blender, ground garlic, onion and chillies (slightly coarse)
- In a pan, add in coconut oil and fry the ground ingredients until fragrant for about 4 – 5 minutes
- Add in salt and sugar to taste and keep frying for at least 10 minutes until you start seeing slight caramelisation. Turn fire off and set aside
- Remove skin from the aubergine and place aubergine in a big mixing bowl. Using a fork slighty mash up the aubergines and add in 3 tablespoons of the chilli sambal paste
- Season again with salt and sugar (if too spicy) if needed and serve aubergine sambal with lime wedges for extra zing!
- Best served with tofu squares and rice
Share it with your friends.