Avocado Baked Eggs
Savor this quick, easy and healthy breakfast recipe by Sarah Benjamin from Simply Special.
- 10 minutes
- 20 minutes
- 2 servings
As seen on Simply Special
- 1 large Avocado, halved and deseeded
- 2 Eggs
- ¼ cup Yogurt
- ¼ cup Chilli sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Tear out 2 pieces of aluminium foil and make 2 rings to support the avocado halves. Place on a baking tray
- If the hole left by the avocado seed is too small, scoop out some more flesh with a teaspoon Place the avocado halves in the foil rings, making sure they are stable
- Crack one egg into a small bowl. Using a spoon, first carefully scoop the yolk into the cavity in one avocado half. Spoon the white in until the cavity is filled. Sprinkle with some salt and pepper. Repeat for the other egg and avocado half
- Slide the egg-filled avocados into the oven and bake for 15-18 minutes, until the whites are just set and the yolk is still runny. While it’s baking, mix the yogurt and chilli sauce together, then drizzle over the cooked avocado baked eggs
Share it with your friends.