Try this quick and easy recipe by Justine Schofield from Everyday Gourmet
- 4 servings
As seen on Everyday Gourmet
- 600 millilitres milk
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 8 anchovies
- 1 thick slice of stale sourdough, crust removed and torn up
- Zest of ½ a lemon and ½ teaspoon of its juice
- 100 millilitres olive oil
- An array of crunchy vegetables to accompany (radish, cherry tomatoes, radicchio, celery, Dutch carrots, cucumber, capsicum)
- Flat bread, optional
- Pinch of white pepper
- Place the garlic, thyme and milk in to a pot and bring to the boil (be careful here as it may overflow). Turn down and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from the heat- at this stage it would have curdled a bit, this is normal. Add the anchovies and bread and steep for 5 minutes.
- Pour the milk mixture into a food processor and puree with a pinch of white pepper. With the motor still running start drizzling in the oil through the spout. Add the lemon zest and juice and check seasoning. The sauce should be smooth and glossy. Pour into a serving bowl and arrange next to the assortment of vegetables and grilled bread.
Share it with your friends.