Baked Asparagus and Goat's Cheese Cigars
A delicious pastry recipe by Justine Schofield from Everyday Gourmet
- 40 minutes
- 14 servings
- 50 grams butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 300 grams goat’s cheese
- 200 grams ricotta
- 30 millilitres thickened cream
- ½ tbs. finely chopped oregano
- 14 asparagus spears, woody ends peeled and trimmed
- 7 sheets filo pastry
- Salt and pepper
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- Preheat your oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a food processor, whip the goat’s cheese, ricotta and cream. Add your lemon juice plus a splash of olive oil and add the oregano.
- Lay a filo sheet on a clean bench with the shorter edge facing you. Brush with melted butter and cut it in half lengthwise. Spread ½ a tablespoon of the cheese mixture along the shorter end, leaving a 2cm border. Nestle the asparagus onto the cheese. Fold the pastry over from the sides and roll up into a tube shape to enclose.
- Repeat for the remaining cigars and place them on a baking tray and brush with extra butter. Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
Share it with your friends.