Baked Pears with Currants and Cinnamon
Try this quick and easy dessert recipe by Tiffani Thiessen from Dinner at Tiffani's.
- 10 minutes
- 50 minutes
- 4 servings
- 6 firm green Anjou pears, peeled, halved and cored
- 3 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons Coconut Oil, cut into 12 small pieces
- ¾ cup White Wine
- ¼ to ½ cup Dried Currants
- 170 grams Mascarpone, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F
- Place the pears, cut-side up, in a shallow 2-quart baking dish. Sprinkle with the sugar and cinnamon, and add a small pat of coconut oil to each pear half. Pour the wine into the bottom of the baking dish, being careful not to disturb the pears. Sprinkle the currants over the pears – it's OK if some fall into the wine. Place in the oven and cook until fork tender, about 50 minutes
- To serve, set pears on a plate and dollop with mascarpone. Drizzle with some of the juices and currants from the baking pan
Share it with your friends.