Baked Pineapple, Passion Fruit Cream
Dig into this quick and easy baked pineapple recipe by Darren Robertson from Darren Robertson's Charcoal Kitchen.
- 10 minutes
- 20 minutes
- 1 serving
As seen on Darren Robertson's Charcoal Kitchen
- 1 Pineapple
- 800 grams cooking Salt
- 1 Passionfruit
- 200 millilitres Cream
- A small handful of Lemon verbena (Mint would be fine)
- One 80cm x 80cm sheet of tin foil
- Mix enough water into the salt to make a snow like consistency, add lemon verbena stalks
- Cover the pineapple in the salt, wrap in foil and cook on top of the BBQ coals for 10 minutes. Remove, leave to cool down slightly. Unwrap, knock off the sugar (keep this) slice off the skin and cut into desired size
- Serve with a little whipped cream with passion fruit and lemon verbena leaves
Share it with your friends.