Bananas Foster with Spiced Rum
Dig into this quick and easy dessert recipe from My Grandmother's Ravioli.
- 5 minutes
- 10 minutes
- 4 servings
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- 4 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon sugar, such as McCormick
- 3 to 4 ripe medium Bananas
- 85 grams spiced rum, such as Captain Morgan
- 1 store-bought pound cake, sliced for serving
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add the butter, brown sugar and cinnamon sugar. When the mixture begins to bubble, add the bananas and cook for 1 minute
- Remove the skillet from the heat and add the rum. Carefully ignite the rum with a match or the flame from the stove
- Cook until the flame dies out. Serve at once over slices of pound cake and top with vanilla ice cream
Share it with your friends.