Get this quick and easy banoffee pie recipe by Chuck Hughes from Chuck's Day Off.
- 30 minutes
- 3 hours 30 minutes
- 1 serving
- 20 Oreo cookies
- ¼ cup (60 ml) butter, melted
- 1 can (300 ml) of condensed milk
- 2 ripe bananas, sliced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cups (500 ml) 35 % cream
- ¼ cup (60 ml) icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) strong coffee
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a food processor, add the cookies and process until it becomes a crumb like mixture. Add butter and process again. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, take the condensed milk can and place it in an oven-proof stockpot filled with water. DO NOT OPEN THE CAN. Make sure the can is constantly covered in water. Bake in the oven for 3 ½ hours. Remove, let cool, open and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix the bananas with lemon juice. Set aside.
- Whip the cream with icing sugar and coffee in another bowl until soft peaks form.
- For Serving:
- Using a round 4 inches mold directly on the serving plate, put a layer of the cookie mixture, then the slices of bananas, cover with the condensed milk (now toffee) and repeat the layers.
- Remove the mold and garnish with a dollop of cream.
Share it with your friends.