BBQ Chicken and Chorizo with Chimichurri
Enjoy this BBQ chicken dish by Justine Schofield from Everyday Gourmet
- 60 minutes
- 4 servings
As seen on Everyday Gourmet
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- 2 chorizo sausages
- 4 chicken legs, skin on
- 4 chicken thighs, bone in skin on
- 1 lime
- Salt and pepper
- ¼ bunch coriander including stalks
- ¼ bunch parsley, leaves picked
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
- ½ green chilli
- 1 French shallot
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon of fresh lime juice
- 1 tbs. red wine vinegar
- 250 millilitres olive oil
- For the Chimichurri place all of the ingredients into a blender and blitz until a smooth.
- Bring the chicken out of the fridge 30 minutes before cooking and drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper. Heat a barbeque to medium heat. Place the chicken pieces, skin side down on the grill and cook for 15-20 minutes turning every 4-5 minutes until golden brown and crispy all over. Grill the chorizo on each side for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Once the chicken is cooked, place in a tray and baste each piece with some of the Chimichurri. Rest for 5 minutes and then baste again with a little more.
- Serve chicken on a large platter with remaining sauce on the side and fresh.
Share it with your friends.