Bean Sprout Salad
Try this quick and easy bean sprout salad recipe by Chef Wan from Best Wan!.
- 30 minutes
- 10 minutes
- 4 servings
As seen on Best Wan!
- 200 grams / 7 oz Bean sprout (tauge)
- 500 grams / 1 pound, 1½ oz large Prawns, blanched, shelled, peeled and halved - can be substituted by Cockles (kerang)
- 10 Shallots (red onions), peeled and finely sliced
- 1 Torch ginger bud (bunga kantan), finely sliced
- 3 Kaffir lime leaves (makrut, daun limau purut), finely sliced
- 4 Calamansi lime (limau klamansi, limau kasturi) or any limes
- 125 millilitres / 4 fl oz / ½ cup Coconut cream (santan pekat)
- 125 millilitres / 4 fl oz / ½ cup Water
- 110 grams / 4 oz / 1 cup desiccated Coconut
- 85 grams / 3 oz / ½ cup roasted pounded Peanut
- 1 tablespoon / ½ fl oz grated Palm sugar (Gula melaka) or Brown sugar
- Paste (to be finely pounded):
- 5 Red chillies or Red bird's eye chilli (Chilli padi)
- 30 grams / 1 oz / ¼ cup Dried shrimps, soaked in water and drained.
- 2 teaspoons roasted Shrimp paste (Belacan)
- Blanch the Bean Sprouts with water and salt, for less than half a minute
- Combine all the ingredients with the pounded paste and mix well
- Serve immediately
Share it with your friends.