Beef and Green Papaya Salad Rice Paper Rolls
Dish out this light and refreshing Vietnamese-inspired recipe by Zoe Bingley-Pullin.
- 30 minutes
- 4 to 6 servings
As seen on Good Chef Bad Chef
- Left-over rare roast beef, sliced finely
- Packet rice paper rolls
- Warm water for soaking
- Handful bean sprouts
- Papaya salad:
- 1 small green papaya, peeled, halved, seeded and shaved finely
- ½ bunch mint, chopped
- ½ bunch thai basil, chopped
- ½ bunch coriander, chopped
- ¼ cup cashews, chopped finely
- 1 fresh chilli, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- ½ stem lemongrass, finely chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Dash water - as required
- To make the dressing, whisk together all of the dressing ingredients and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine green papaya, herbs, peanuts and chilli, mix well and toss the dressing through.
- To assemble, soak a rice paper roll in warm water until pliable and lay down 1-2 slices beef, topped with salad and bean sprouts on each sheet, roll up to enclose filling, repeat.
Share it with your friends.