Beef Bone Broth
Enjoy this hearty soup by Justine Schofield from Everyday Gourmet
- 4 hours
- 4 servings
- 1.5 kilograms beef bones
- 400 grams oxtail
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4-6 chicken feet (optional)
- 1 carrot
- 2 stalks of celery
- 1 onion
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Pinch salt
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Place the beef bones and vegetables into a roasting tray. Drizzle with a little olive oil.
- Roast for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and place in a pot of cold water, along with chicken feet with peppercorns and vinegar and bring it to the boil.
- Skim off any of the impurities that come to the surface and cook for 4-6 hours, or until a deep rich colour.
- Strain the broth and season with salt.
Share it with your friends.