Have a taste of this delicious Chinese chicken recipe.
- 30 minutes
- 1 hour 45 minutes
- 4 to 6 servings
- Chicken ingredients:
- 1.5 kilograms Whole chicken, cavity emptied and cleaned
- 2 tablespoons Salt
- 3 tablespoons Light soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons Ginger juice
- Filling ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons Shallot oil
- ½ tin Bamboo shoot, chopped
- 8 pieces Shiitake mushroom, chopped
- 1 packet Preserved Szechuan vegetable, chopped
- Rub chicken with soy sauce, ginger juice and salt. Leave it marinating in a bowl for at least 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
- Heat shallot oil and fry mushroom, bamboo shoot and Szechuan vegetables for 3 minutes.
- Once cooked, stuff the fried mix into the chicken cavity.
- Lay out a piece of parchment paper onto a piece of foil, arrange chicken in the middle and wrap the chicken as compactly as possible.
- In the oven, leave chicken baking for 1.5 hours.
- To serve, cut open the wrapper and discard the foil. Carve the chicken and serve with stuffing.
Share it with your friends.